Sam Abed, Founder, President, Abed Corporation
- Mayor of Escondido, 2010 – 2018. Councilman, 2004 – 2010. Served on these regional boards:
- San Diego Association of Governments (SANDAG), Regional Planning and Transportation
- North County Transportation District (NCTD). San Diego Workforce Investment Board. Escondido
- Economic Development and Marketing Committees
- Spent a 12 year successful career with IBM in engineering, marketing and management worldwide
- Owned and managed a family successful business in Escondido since 1987
- Chairman, Escondido Chamber of Commerce – 2002
- Co-Founder, Chair, East Valley and Mercado Business Associations
- IBM Engineer of the Year Award – 1983
- Escondido Chamber of Commerce Volunteer of the Year – 1999
- Escondido City Council Business Leader of the Year Award – 2003
- East Valley and Mercado Business Associations Leadership Awards – 2004, 2005
- Escondido Rotary Club Paul Harris Member since 1988
- Top 50 People To Watch Award – North San Diego County Magazine – 2005
- Elected official of the year in San Diego – 2011
- Provided educational grants to private and public schools graduates
- Plays tennis, fluent in 3 languages, and traveled to over 25 countries.
Don Zech grew up in Escondido, graduated from San Pasqual High School and the University of San Diego. He worked for John Burnham & Company (now Cushman & Wakefield) for 12 years where he was Rookie of the Year and consistently one of the offices Top 3 producers. In 1996 he founded CDC Commercial.
The firm specializes in retail, office and industrial leasing and sales along the I-15 and Highway 78 corridors. Over the years, Don Zech and CDC Commercial Inc. have done over 1200 transactions valued at over $250,000,000. Don prides himself on the relationship he maintains with the companies many clients.
“We offer personal, “boots on the ground” experience with over 25 years of expertise locating and adding value to property for our clients.” Over the years, CDC Commercial Inc has served literally thousands of individuals, in addition to small and large businesses, multi-national corporations, investment groups and major developers.
Glen & Debbie Brush
Brush Real Estate has been serving the real estate needs of San Diego, Riverside and Orange County clients for the past 12 years. The principals of Brush, Glen and Debbie Brush have been serving the residential real estate market in California since 1992 having worked previously with both ERA and Prudential California Realty prior to becoming an independent brokerage in 2005.
In addition to being a licensed real estate broker Glen Brush is also licensed to practice law in California and has a background in Estate Planning and business law. The Brush team of real estate professionals prides themselves on becoming the “Trusted Real Estate Advisors” for those client’s that utilize their broad knowledge and experience in
residential real estate transactions as evidenced by their having sold more than a half a billion dollars of real estate in the last eight years.
Dick has been a public relations practitioner for 35 years after a 15-year career as a newspaper reporter and editor with The San Diego Union, Los Angeles Times, (San Diego) Evening Tribune and other daily newspapers. He specializes in developing strategic communications plans that create awareness, understanding and support of the client project’s goals as well as crisis management, news media relations and facilitating strategic planning group sessions.
A journalism graduate of San Jose State University, Dick later completed graduate school at the University of Missouri School of Journalism. He is an Accredited Member (APR) of the Public Relations Society of America and a member of its Counselors Academy.
In addition to his professional activities, Dick is a former chairman of the Escondido Chamber of Commerce and was elected to the Escondido City Council in November 2006 where he served as Council Member and Mayor Pro Tem until completing his four-year term in December 2010.