Mr. Ferguson is a partner in the law firm of Lounsbery Ferguson Altona & Peak. His practice emphasizes development, land use, real estate, solid waste, telecommunications and government regulation. His civic involvement includes:
- Chairman of the Escondido Economic Development Task Force
- Member of the Escondido Mayor’s Advisory Committee
- General Counsel of the Oversight Board for the former Carlsbad Redevelopment Agency
- Chairman of the Citizens Advisory Committee for the Escondido General Plan Update
- President of the Escondido Chamber of Commerce
- Chairman of the California Center for the Arts, Escondido
- Chairman of the Development Section of the Bar Association of Northern San Diego County
- Chairman of the Escondido Downtown Revitalization Steering Committee.
John Franklin is President of Pacific Political, Inc., a San Diego County based
political consulting and fundraising firm. Pacific Political represents candidates for US Senate, Congress, State Assembly and municipal office. In addition to campaign strategy, Pacific Political’s fundraising division supports fundraising efforts for political candidates and non-profit organizations.
For more than 10 years, Franklin has worked closely with Congressman Darrell Issa (R-CA), serving in various roles including Legislative Assistant and more recently as a Senior Policy Advisor to the powerful House chairman. Currently, Franklin serves as Issa’s National Political Director, a role he’s occupied since 2007.
Beginning his career in Missouri politics, Franklin served in political and government roles at the state level before moving to Washington, D.C., to begin a career in federal government policy and politics. Franklin worked on Capitol Hill for seven years, serving in the Capitol policy office of then House Majority Whip and current U.S. Senator Roy Blunt (R-MO), and then in the office of Congressman Darrell Issa.
Franklin’s long political resume includes managing five competitive campaigns for U.S. Congress and consulting on dozens of campaigns across the country for offices ranging from U.S Senate to local municipal office campaigns.